It's very easy to create bills directly from Peakflo. check the article below to learn how.
1. Go to the "Bills" tab under the "Accounts Payable" section.
2. Click on "Add New" from the top right side of the "Bills and Reimbursement" tab.
3. Add the information in the bill edit form.
- Bill Number: Input the bill number.
- Issue date: Set the date when you issue the bill. This field will be automatically pre-filled by Peakflo, but you can also edit it.
- Due date: Set the date when the bill is due.
- Receipt date: Set the receipt date when the bill is filed. This field will be automatically pre-filled by Peakflo, only the admin can edit it.
- Pay on the due date: Tick this box if you’d like to automatically pay the bill when it’s due.
- Scheduled date: Set the scheduled date for the bill to be paid.
- Budget: Set the budget that you’d like to assign to the bill. To learn more about budget management, please check out this article.
- Approval Policy: Set the type of approval policy that will be applied to this bill. This field will be automatically pre-filled by Peakflo based on the budget, but you can also edit it. To learn more about approval policies, please check out this article.
- Match PO: If there's a PO for your bill in Peakflo, the purchase order will automatically match the number or the name of the vendor to the bill.
- Vendor: Fill in the information of the vendor here, such as:
- Vendor Name
- Email: Include the email of the vendor. This will automatically be pre-filled once you’ve selected a vendor unless the vendor is not registered.
- Account number: Input the bank account number of the vendor. This will automatically be pre-filled once you’ve selected a vendor unless the vendor is not registered.
If you’re an employee and requesting reimbursements, fill in the vendor details with your information for a faster process!
You can define any required custom fields for the bills. In order to do so, please check out this link.
4. For adding line items to the bill, go to the "Items" tab.
- Line items: Add an item or select one from the item catalog in the dropdown. In case you want to add a new line item, fill in the fields such as unit cost and description in the popup. Apply taxes and discounts if any.
- Bill amount: The amount of the bill. This field will automatically be pre-filled based on the line items you've added.
- Currency: Select the currency of the bill. This field will automatically be pre-filled based on the line items you've added.
- Wallet: Select which wallet you’d like to use for the bill.
- Subtotal: This field will automatically be pre-filled by Peakflo based on the bill amount.
- Discount: This field will automatically be pre-filled by Peakflo based on the discount amount.
- Tax WHT: Input the amount of withholding tax.
- Amount to pay: Tick the box if you’d like to pay the full amount or input a specific amount in the box
- Note: Add any notes that you’d like to leave
- Attachments: Click on Add File if you’d like to include an attachment.
Once done, hit Save.
The Bill will then appear under the “New” column in the Bills and Reimbursements tab.
Forward your bills by Email
Click the dropdown arrow in the left navigation menu bar next to 'Payables' and select 'Bills'.
On the Bills & Payments page, click on the 3 dots on the far right and you will find the email ID to which you have to forward your bills.
Do you know that Peakflo uses an automatic invoice capture technology called OCR? Learn more on how OCR works.
Each company will have their own customized email address to which they can forward their bills. All the details will then be automatically recorded in Peakflo.
Peakflo will also capture the creator of the bill, providing the ability to track or edit bills and/or reimbursements.
To see the details of the bill, click on the Bill Number column in the table view.
A popup will appear which shows the bill details that our OCR has captured, from the vendor's information and custom fields to the WHT amount and the creator's information.
Would like to cut time creating bills?