OCR or Optical Character Recognition is an up-and-coming technology that can automatically scan invoice details with a high-level accuracy and send them back to the system.
Would like to learn more about OCR? Read What is OCR in Accounts Payable 📖
Using Peakflo's OCR, you can eliminate manual and error-prone data entry.
Peakflo always aspires to provide the best experience for the customers, and we'd like to share some guidelines and best practices on OCR to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction.
So, how does OCR in Peakflo work? For a clear illustration, here's the flowchart of the process:
- Customers can send their bill to the OCR email address which they can find by clicking the three dots at the top right of the Bill section.
- The time needed for bills to appear in the Peakflo UI is up to 3 business hours.
- The bills processed by OCR have automated additional validations to ensure AP managers about the correct total amount of bills. If bills do not have the correct total amount, they cannot be submitted.
- The bills will be processed when it is received within business hours (08.00 to 17.00 Jakarta Time, Monday to Friday). Bills that are received outside the working hours will be processed the next working day.
- One email can contain multiple invoices ( e.g. 5 invoices = 5 attachment), but for supporting documents, we strongly recommend you to consolidate with the respective invoice.
- The maximum size of attachment is 20MB with maximum 10 pages on an attachment.
Please make sure to keep in mind the guidelines above when sending an OCR email to ensure service excellence.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.