If you wish to add custom fields to PRs and PR line items, PQs and PQ line items, POs and PO line items, bills and bill line items, vendor and customer information, please check out this article.
If you need to include additional information to your vendor bills, bill custom fields will be the answer.
What are custom fields? Custom fields can be any additional information that you want to include in the bill. It can be a new field for a country, the names of people, or any specific information that you need.
To add custom fields, follow the steps below:
- Go to "Settings" ⚙️ and under payables, click on "Custom Fields"
- Click the blue "Add New" button at the top right.
- Once a popup appears, fill out the following fields:
Name: The name of the custom field or the detail you'd like to add when managing PRs and PR line items, PQs and PQ line items, POs and PO line items, bills and bill line items, vendors, customers could be "beneficiary country", "requesting department", and such.
Type: Set how the data should be filled by your internal teams, such as in the form of input, number, list, multi-list, or date.
If it's a list or a multi-list, you'll need to provide the first, second, and third item, or more. If you select multi-list, it means that internal teams can select more than 1 item.
Description: Describe the purpose of the custom field to help your internal teams understand how to fill it out.
- Visibility: tick where you'd like the custom fields to appear with the following configurations:
- Visible (visible both in the table view and document)
- Mandatory on approval (mandatory to fill during the approval phase)
- Always mandatory (mandatory to fill since the creation phase)
- Visible on table (only visible in the table view)
- Show in PDF (Show the custom fields in the PDF export)
Want to control access to bills based on custom fields for a more focused view? Check out how you can use rules to accomplish this!
5. Click on "Save" to save the changes.