Would like to approve bills? Follow the steps below:
1. From the 'payables' drop-down arrow in the left navigation menu bar, select 'bills' to access the bills & payments page.
2. On the Bills & Payments page, select the bill you want to be paid and click 'Send to approval'.
Make sure to click on the bill number, clicking on the customer name will take you to the customer timeline.
3. You also have the option to delete, send via email, or edit the bill before sending it for approval. Simply click on the three dots at the top right.
If you wish to delete the bill due to incomplete information or other reasons, you can write a comment, or you can proceed by clicking on Skip comment. Tick the box if you'd like to notify the bill creator and viewer.
You can also check the historical record of the bill in the Timeline. Here, you can even write a comment.
4. Once you've sent the bills for approval, it will now appear on the 'Pending Approval' tab. Only team members who have permission to approve will see the bills added to this tab.
5. Moving on, there are a couple of ways to approve the bills.
a) Mass action approval by selecting the checkbox against the bills and clicking the 'approve' button.
b) Approving the bills individually.
Click on the three dots at the top right if you'd like to edit bill details, send via email, decline the bill or return it to draft.
Once the bill is approved, it will move to the scheduled tab.
The bills will appear under the 'paid' tab if the payments are successful, and unsuccessful payments will appear under the 'failed' tab.
c) Approving the bills via email
If you're an approver, make sure to check your inbox for an email notifying the bill that needs your approval.
The email will include information such as the company and the user that requests the approval, the information of the bills, and the actions to take.
You can also approve right away by simply clicking on the pink Approve button.
c) Approving the bills via WhatsApp
Aside from email, you can also approve bills on mobile via WhatsApp! How cool is that? (Please let us show off a bit! 😎)
Approvers can review items and their attachments for pending approval in their queue and approve/reject with comments. They can also chase for approvals via Whatsapp for business so that the approver upon reading the message can access the Peakflo account.
6. To keep your vendors or customers in a loop, we will also send them a WhatsApp for Business message to inform them that the payment is successful. This way you can communicate directly with them for delivery details, service activations, and anything that you need!
Contact your Peakflo partner to enable this sleek feature!
What if the payment is failed?
If the bill fails to be paid, you can click on the Failed tab. In addition, we will send an email to registered payment owners or bill creators so that no failed payment is left behind.
If you want to see the reason the payment bounced, scroll until you find the Status column.
- If the bill is duplicated, there'll be a warning icon. Check more how to avoid duplicate payments.
- If the bill fails to be paid for other reasons, click on any of the bills and check the timeline for the audit trail. There you'll find the cause behind why the payment is not delivered. Reasons may vary from not having enough funds in your wallet to missing vendor details.
At times, Peakflo will give you instructions on what to do if the payment is failed, but here's a quick rundown along with the solutions:
Not enough funds in wallet: Please top-up your wallet to continue the payment.
Payment not configured: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Missing vendor details: Please complete the bank details of said vendor.
Invalid vendor details: One factor could be invalid or blocked bank account. Please check and correct the bank details of said vendor.
Encountered error when processing the transaction. Please try again after 1-3 hours
The amount is below the minimum value required for successful disbursement
Swift code is not valid. Contact Peakflo: Learn more about how swift codes work in our create and upload bills guide.
If you encounter any other issues with failed payments, do not hesitate to contact us. We will guide you shortly on how to proceed with the payment.
Once the issue is resolved, you can re-click the bill and try paying again, schedule another date for the payment, or mark it as paid in case you've paid outside Peakflo. Read more about this on how to conduct mass actions on multiple bills.