1. Locate your Facebook Business Manager ID
This is not the Facebook page. The Facebook Business Manager ID ("FB BM ID") will be needed when submitting the request for access, as it is used by WhatsApp to identify your business. If you don't already have a Facebook Business Manager account, you must create one at https://business.facebook.com.
If you already have a Facebook Business Manager account, follow these steps to find the ID:
- Access the Business Settings page on Facebook Business Manager.
- Click Business Info.
- Your ID will be listed under "Business Information."
2a. Submit business Verification on Facebook Business Manager (if it was not done before)
WhatsApp requires all companies to submit Business Verification in their Facebook Business Manager account. This only has to be done once, but it is the longest part of the process.
Average processing times by Facebook are 3-7 business days, but in some regions this can take up to 4 weeks.
Here's the process:
- The end customer must access the Business Settings page on Facebook Business Manager.
- Click on Security Center.
- Click to Start the Business Verification process and complete Facebook's steps. For more info, refer to Facebook's help article.
⚠️ If your verification button is greyed out, check the following article:
What should I do if my Business Verification button is Greyed out?
3. Provide Peakflo information to submit a request on your behalf
This step can only be started after you have your facebook business verified (Ref)
Information required from you
- Client email - this email will not be used for any outreach without prior acknowledgement
- Client company name
- Client website address
- Client HQ country
- Facebook Business Manager ID
- Which regions are you sending messages to?
- How many messages are you planning to send per month during the first year with Peakflo?
- Provide a WhatsApp message template to be sent to payers. Note that this template should go through the Facebook approval. Please, refer to the following guidelines: https://support.twilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039737753-Recommendations-and-best-practices-for-creating-WhatsApp-Message-Templates
Peakflo previously successfully got an approval for the following message template and using it has high chances of approval:
Our records indicate that we have not yet received payment for invoice 2 for 3. It is now 4 days overdue.
If you have already paid, please let us know. Otherwise, please pay the invoice as soon as possible.
Your current account balance stands at 5 of which 6 are overdue.
Please click on the 7 to view all your invoices or raise a dispute.
4. Accept the WhatsApp Terms of Service
Peakflo will send a separate Google Form after the access request has been reviewed and a pre-approval email sent.
5. Approve Twilio's request in Facebook Business Manager
After we submit a WhatsApp Sender on your behalf, you will receive a notification in your Facebook Business Manager account from Twilio. You must click to "approve" Twilio to message on your behalf. Here's the process:
- You must access the Business Settings page on Facebook Business Manager.
- Click Requests.
- Click "Approve" on Twilio's request.