Sometimes things go wrong with payments, like a customer gets double charged or claims a delivery was not made. During times like these, both you and the customer can raise disputes.
Common dispute reasons include
Delivery not made
Incorrect amount charged
Product was damaged or lost
This section will cover:
- How you raise a dispute
- How customers raise disputes
- How to resolve customer disputes
- How to modify dispute reasons
How do you raise a dispute?
Step 1: Go to Invoices under Accounts Receivable and click on the disputed invoice
Step 2: Click 'Raise Dispute'
Step 3: Select the reason from the dropdown menu and click 'Raise Dispute'
How does a customer raise disputes?
During the set up phase, you will also need to send over common dispute reasons for us to pre-load in your payer's portal.
To raise a dispute, customers can go to the Payer's Portal and click the message icon.
Then select their dispute.
The workflow will pause and you, the account manager, will see a yellow alert that looks like this.
How do you resolve a customer dispute?
When dispute is resolved, click 'resolve dispute'
Managing customer disputes: extras
In the customer folder, you'll be able to see the invoice in question and problem solve the dispute. Here you can:
- Mark an invoice paid
- Edit and attach invoices (Note: If you're integrated into an external system, we cannot change invoice details.)
- Upload files and attach screenshots of conversations managed in WhatsApp or other channels before marking the dispute resolved
- Track line items
How can you add more dispute reasons?
For now, if you want to modify dispute reasons, email us at email@example.com